Toast

The "I'm Thinking" now thread
Mortorin
Captain Pugwash

Toast

Post by Mortorin »

Who thinks having 2 bits of toast with cold meat in the middle is strange?

*points at Wyvern* He does!!

Edit: I missed the zep again because I came here to post this, I hope your happy :-P
If at first you dont succeed, excessive force is probably the answer

Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

ROFL

Now we aren't talking toasted sandwich (sandwich made, then toasted) here, we are talking two bits of toast done spearately with meat stuffed in the middle. :P
They got things like the atom bamb... so I'm gonna stay where I... AM!
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Now we're getting really contentious... :P

Two slices of toast, your choice of meat in the middle, still warm - ooooh, yum. Crunchalicous.
Corm
Knife wielding maniac ... haaaaah hah

Post by Corm »

I quite like a couple of bits of toast with cold meat (Turkey Ham or Smoked wafer thin ham prefered) and some cheese. The toast is warm and crunchy and the inside is soft and chewy. Well good.
Mortorin
Captain Pugwash

Post by Mortorin »

To go off topic a bit "Turkey Ham" - whats that about?? I like it, but what is it exactly?

DeadElvis
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DeadElvis »

I think it's a processed mix of the 2 meats....
Lisa, if the bible has taught us anything - and it hasn't - it's that girls should stick to girl's sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such.
Mortorin
Captain Pugwash

Post by Mortorin »

DeadElvis wrote:I think it's a processed mix of the 2 meats....
Yummy! :-P

Corm
Knife wielding maniac ... haaaaah hah

Post by Corm »

Nah its not two meats.

Ham is a type of meat that comes from arses.

So Turkey Ham is sliced turkey meat from a turkey's arse.

The reason it is red meat despite the fact that Turkey is normally thought of as white is that Turkey has both red and white meat on it...

At least thats what I have been told. If I could be bothered id double check on Bernard Mathews web site but when it comes down to it ill eat any meat as long as it tastes good. It could come from a radiation blasted, leperous eastern european and if its tastey id still chow down.
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Post by Dunwa »

Not really meat more, dry powdered meat mixed with cereal, salt, water and a good dose of white blood coagulate then pressed into the desired shape. It's the same way they make kibble (the chunks) in pet food such as Wiskas.

That's what 6 years of working for Mars (who own Pedigree) will teach you.

That and never turn up to a cat food plant with a hangover *blurrraagh* :oops:
Dunwa Arche
DeadElvis
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DeadElvis »

It's cured turkey thigh meat apparently...
On a not particularly interesting side note, if a chicken or turkey is free range it's drumsticks will be brown in colour, due to the meat being lean, since the chicken is using it's legs and running around. However, if you buy a battery chicken the leg meat will be white since it will have never really used its' legs and they will be fatty. The darker meat tends to taste better.
Not really meat more, dry powdered meat mixed with cereal, salt, water and a good dose of white blood coagulate then pressed into the desired shape. It's the same way they make kibble (the chunks) in pet food such as Wiskas.
Well, I've stopped eating a lot of meat and after learning that I will not be eating processed meats (if I can help it) again!
Lisa, if the bible has taught us anything - and it hasn't - it's that girls should stick to girl's sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such.
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Post by Dunwa »

That's why they are called processed ;)

It's also the same way the make Chicken McNuggets, just a different shape !

I remember being told by one of the buyers we lost an auction for 2 tonnes of "chicken" parts that were destined for Whiskas to MaccyD
Dunwa Arche
DeadElvis
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DeadElvis »

Oh, and in response to the original post, no it's not weird to eat a toasted sandwich with cold meat. I usually toast my bread a little before having a tuna sarnie :P

If Wyvern thinks it's weird it's probably cos he's Welsh. :wink: