Lockdown 2

The "I'm Thinking" now thread
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Lockdown 2

Post by Haviland »

Last night, Peter said he was going out to a friends for a small gaming session.

Yay, I thought, Iain wend back to London yesterday, we'll have the house to ourselves for the first time in six months :wink: :wink:

Picked up Nicky, she asked if I'd heard the news. Thinking it was about Diana Rigg, I said yes, she was a good actress.

No, she said, about the rule of six and only two households coming into effect in Scotland from tomorrow.

:o :o :o

Bollocks.
boabyfett
Vyvyan Basterd

Re: Lockdown 2

Post by boabyfett »

Lockdown 2: Lock Harder
B

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

Well, since government officials are allowed to follow their instincts and the government itself is happy breaching international law and treaty, I'm not too concerned about specific rules.

Which is not to say I'll be having big COVID parties or not wearing a mask. But it could be a rule of whatever-I-think-is-reasonable.
They got things like the atom bamb... so I'm gonna stay where I... AM!
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

boabyfett wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:20 pm Lockdown 2: Lock Harder
:lol:

Lockatomi Plaza
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Wyvern wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:54 pm Well, since government officials are allowed to follow their instincts and the government itself is happy breaching international law and treaty, I'm not too concerned about specific rules.

Which is not to say I'll be having big COVID parties or not wearing a mask. But it could be a rule of whatever-I-think-is-reasonable.
Yeah, it's ok to get into a crowded metal tube or canister for a while, then an office for 8 hours, then another tube, as long as you keep buying artisanal sandwiches and coffee from the shops and using that expensive office building.

Only sanity is in Scotland, the expectation is to work from home if you can, and our place is emphasising that. Of course, there are a significant number of staff who have to go to work, and they are beginning to feel a bit as if they got the shitty end of the stick. They still have to travel in to the office, while some people are getting 2-3 hours a day back because they''re not travelling. But then, there's the benefit to the environment of less travel, less pollution.
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

It doesn't have to be all or nothing and much as I would love it to be otherwise the economy does need to keep moving (from a this-is-the-world-we-live-in point of view.) But it's easy for me to say that because, as you note, I can easily work from home and Sam is on maternity leave.

Landlords and property owners can go bust though as they add no value... take the assets into public ownership, set reasonable rents, save actual businesses that do stuff.