oil

The "I'm Thinking" now thread
boabyfett
Vyvyan Basterd

oil

Post by boabyfett »

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0319/csmimg/0319p10b.jpg

after losing a 500 quid hand (i started with a fiver so only lost a fiver really) i swore off poker for life. or till im better anyway

watched syriana. really good.

now we all know the us is going to invade iran.

In Iraq where all the oil is south and north is relatively safe for us troops so when turkey join the EU. (which the uk and usa are putting massive pressure on every other member state to do, even though the usa isnt in europe or at least not eurovision), the french dont want it but hey america will just bomb them I guess.

any bets on a new pipelines for gas and oil through afganistan southern Iraq and into south iran and through turkey and into the eu and straight on a boat to the usa? say 10 years time?

boaby
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

You're surprised?
boabyfett
Vyvyan Basterd

Post by boabyfett »

naw.

im surprised that china havnt invaded the us yet though.

20% of the worlds population vrs less than 5%. (im using cia figures by the way)

id take the week off and watch that on cnn. it would last less time that Iraq 2: we dont give a damn now the oil fields are safe

come on china while theres still oil left!

little red book anyone?

boaby
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

Chinkies don't have much in the way of force projection, nor the economic strength to support troops abroad. Luckily :shock:

Plus us friendly Western nations have nice shiny nukes :twisted:
They got things like the atom bamb... so I'm gonna stay where I... AM!
boabyfett
Vyvyan Basterd

Post by boabyfett »

yea america out nukes china by somewhere between 20-1 or 19-1 depending on where you look. however no nukes from europe could reach china (bar those on subs) and vice versa however they can hit almost all of the continental united states. and to wipe it out several times over.

as far as we know they only have one sub and its in the north sea.

but mostley we know feck all.

as most nuke discussions point out you can only oblitirate a planet once :) anything else is just over kill

plus the chinese dont need to be well armed. in terms of pure numbers they could throw a million people a day at the us for five years. giving no social unrest and stilll have a stable popultion above that of the us. arming thems another matter but their escalation in weapon production is huge.

The only factor holding back their economic development (considering their now 4th i think ahead of uk now (and will be just second by 2050 behind usa)) is oil and sooner or later the usa and china will clash on this and china will win be sheer numbers and having a govt that will just lie to its people (look what they learned from us democracies) they will anialate the us and its allies.

I say feck that i like hamburgers but no where as much as chinese (cept chicken feet), im with them.

If you look at the map i posted at the start, the piplines are planed to go into china, once america invade it will go west, not east.

I am handing out little red books :) join me before the american kill us all.

boaby
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

They couldn't feed those million tho. They can't feed their own population.

IMO China is a global economic threat and a local military one, but there won't be lil' red boots in Europe. *crosses fingers*

Plus the only nukes we have are on subs, and they are enough. Either hit the massive Chinese troop clusters when the gather or their primary economic centres and their army would starve.
Corm
Knife wielding maniac ... haaaaah hah

Post by Corm »

Meh.

China dont want a war with anyone its not worth their while. They will just out breed all the other nations. 'sides their country is changing a lot slowly but surely as it always has done for the last 6000 years. Remember they were civilised when we were still eating raw rabbit and working out how to make bows. '

I doubt we will see a large war for at least a good 50 years by which time ill be dead or almost dead as will most of you and I dont plan to have kids so...as for nuclear war. Not likely to happen. The UK allready takes its missiles (all 50 - 200max warheads) from the US's stockpiles in Kings Bay in Georgia so for all real intents and purposes isnt really a Nuclear power anymore. 'sides the trend amongst most of the original nuclear powers (US, USSR, China, Uk and France) is to reduce their arsnals even the evil facisit states like the US and China are reducing their numbers.
DeadElvis
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DeadElvis »

watched syriana. really good.
Yes. Yes it is. Refreshing to watch an American film that encourages you to think all the way through, that's usually reserved for foreign cinema. Although US is a foreign country too but you know what I mean...
Lisa, if the bible has taught us anything - and it hasn't - it's that girls should stick to girl's sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such.
boabyfett
Vyvyan Basterd

Post by boabyfett »

yea apparently the pay off for allowing it to be made was clooney had to do oceans 12.

which is why that abomonation got made.

boaby
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

boabyfett wrote:yea apparently the pay off for allowing it to be made was clooney had to do oceans 12.

which is why that abomonation got made.

boaby
Hahahah

Warheads are UK design and build btw. The missiles themselves are US, that way we don't have to establish maintenance infrastructure. No doubt the boffins took 'em apart to copy them long ago... :lol:
DeadElvis
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DeadElvis »

even the evil facisit states like the US and China are reducing their numbers.
I may be wrong but did I not read somewhere that Bush is looking to build new nukes for the US? He was also looking at restarting the Star Wars programme... I may be wrong though... :?
Lisa, if the bible has taught us anything - and it hasn't - it's that girls should stick to girl's sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing and such and such.
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

He definitely wants to get Star Wars going, and I reckon that it ain't a bad idea to try before countries like Iran and N Korea get long range missuls.

I think Trident's design life lasts till 2020, presumably a new missile system will be needed. I don't suppose the nukes themselves will change much, at least in the end result!

I think it would be a very bad idea if we didn't have nuclear power in the West... ignoring the Monkey Dubya's unfortunate leadership (which should be over in a couple of years, I think they are limited to two terms.)
boabyfett
Vyvyan Basterd

Post by boabyfett »

bush is iincreasing defence spending, but as far as im aware its on conventional weapons. you know one his daddies companies (those owned by the carlyle group) make and can sell to the govt at inflated cost.

ok so no big war but theres gonna be a conflict china needs more oil and it will flex its economic muscles more and more and the usa (neocons anyway) are delibrately foolish enough to try and face them down because they have gotton away with it for years with there own people and every other country.

remember when they flew a spy plane across china a few years ago at the star george w first term? chinese shot it down and arrested everyone on board and humilated the us.

boaby
DeadElvis
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DeadElvis »

After watching Syriana it gives you an idea of the type of dealings the Bush family are sure to have been involved in for years... wonder if they've arranged to have any Middle Eastern emirs knocked off?

Do you think Bush's main job as president is to alter US laws to suit the oil companies?
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

DeadElvis wrote:After watching Syriana it gives you an idea of the type of dealings the Bush family are sure to have been involved in for years... wonder if they've arranged to have any Middle Eastern emirs knocked off?

Do you think Bush's main job as president is to alter US laws to suit the oil companies?
Yeah :lol:

Only got 2 years of the fool left though, hopefully a nice friendly democrat will get in and undo all of this crap. Or a more intelligent Republican.

Or an actual monkey.