The Sick Kid(s)

The "I'm Thinking" now thread
Corm
Knife wielding maniac ... haaaaah hah

The Sick Kid(s)

Post by Corm »

Arran went into the sick kids last Thursday for a fairly straight forward op to remove a small cyst above his ear that he was born with. It went ok and he got out that afternoon. As I said in the other thread he collapsed on Sat with an infection and got take in again and put on an IV drip of anti biotics. The surgeon came to see us and said that if the swelling didnt go down by Sunday it should be reopened cleaned and drained. She then had to go to the St Johns in Livingston. Some chinless wee twonk of a Dr over-ruled that and kept him on the anti biotics instead. Which of course didnt work and he had to get operated on again a few days ago. Again all went ok (ish). Fast forward to today and he has now been moved to isolation along with a bunch of other kids as they may all have C. Diff!

Never get ill. Ever!
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Re: The Sick Kid(s)

Post by Haviland »

Oh hells.

Hope all is well.
Wyvern
Captain Pugwash

Post by Wyvern »

I hope Arran starts feeling better soon. No thanks to twonkDoctor!
They got things like the atom bamb... so I'm gonna stay where I... AM!
boabyfett
Vyvyan Basterd

Post by boabyfett »

Jebus. Hope all is well dude.
B

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."
Mortorin
Captain Pugwash

Post by Mortorin »

Really hope you get him home soon mate - absolutely gutted for you and yours, I dread to think how I would cope in the same situation. Fuckin NHS!! :evil:
If at first you dont succeed, excessive force is probably the answer

Corm
Knife wielding maniac ... haaaaah hah

Post by Corm »

So a wee mostly positive update. He got moved to an isolation ward with his own private cell, sorry room that he wasnt allowed out of shortly after I posted the bit above. Bunch of tests done over the next few days. Fast Forward to today and he doesnt have C. Diff after all and possibly doesnt have anything at all. Except his temp keeps spiking wildly which has the docs looking all grave and shit.

Personally I think he is probably ok now though. For example in the last three days he has managed to con family members into buying him Skylanders, 2 Chinese take aways, a bunch of Lego mixels and a crap ton of bollocks games on his Ipad! I wouldnt be surprised if he is pulling a Bueller with the thermometer strips.
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Corm wrote:So a wee mostly positive update. He got moved to an isolation ward with his own private cell, sorry room that he wasnt allowed out of shortly after I posted the bit above. Bunch of tests done over the next few days. Fast Forward to today and he doesnt have C. Diff after all and possibly doesnt have anything at all. Except his temp keeps spiking wildly which has the docs looking all grave and shit.

Personally I think he is probably ok now though. For example in the last three days he has managed to con family members into buying him Skylanders, 2 Chinese take aways, a bunch of Lego mixels and a crap ton of bollocks games on his Ipad! I wouldnt be surprised if he is pulling a Bueller with the thermometer strips.
Wonder where he gets that from.
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Post by Dunwa »

Hope the wee man's okay. Hopefully he's managed to get the twonks dog tags.
Dunwa Arche