Standards

The "I'm Thinking" now thread
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Standards

Post by Haviland »

Great things, standards.

You can buy a replacement wonko and you know that it will fit where the old broken wonko was.

The British Standard Plug - perfect example. You can buy a plug, and know that it will fit all your sockets.

You can replace a socket, and you don't have to replace all your plugs.

You can get a new shower fitting, to replace one that the shower head holder wonko has cracked, and know that you can just unscrew the old one and screw on the new.

Can. You. Fuck.

I write from bitter sweaty experience.

Had to use the dremmel whizzy thing to get the old rawlplugs out, with all the fun that molten plastic and 10,000 rpm brings. Especially while holding a mains powered device whilst standing in a bath.

Try and drill a hole through a tile without it cracking (which I did, so yah boo suck to British Gas, who cracked two tiles putting the shower in in the first place), the drill battery died half way through but it's now finished, which is good, 'cos I need a shower.

Don't get me started on USB, A, B, mini, male and female.

And as for SCSI...
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Re: Standards

Post by Dunwa »

LOL

Don't get me started on Devlopmetn Standards.

Support Team : We won't accept this into support unless you have applied the standards.
Dev Team : Can you tell me where they are ?
Support Team : Well we've never got round to writing them down but I can tell you now your code doesn't meet them.

CYCLONE OF STEEL IV

*thud*

Ahh if only life was this simple.
Dunwa Arche