Coservipedia

The "I'm Thinking" now thread
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Dunwa wrote:I can't belive you are worrying about the ark and if the animals would fit it !!

I can't get past the first sentance
When Noah was 600 years old, God commanded Noah to build an Ark
:shock: :shock:
You have to work these things out. Ok, you may be able to take a years supply of food for the mammals (a lot of it in the shape of smaller mammals for the carnivores... Say 25 zebras per lion, and so on, 360 mice per owl, and so on.) What about the birds? Say a 1,000 insects each per day, that's another 6.5 billion insects. If we use midges, and assume they weigh 10mg each, that's 65 metric tons of insects alone...
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Mind you, the dung beetles would be in heaven, I suppose.
KERS4
First Sergeant

Post by KERS4 »

[that's 65 metric tons of insects alone..]

you have way too much time if you even considered figuring out the weight of insects... however i love the angle you've taken with your arguement[/quote]
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Doing some more thinking.

A person needs about 200 kilos of food per year (actually we eat more, that's the basic sugar, fat, protein and fiber mixed up in to a space pill - let's call it "manna"), plus 750 liters of water. Water weighs a kilo/liter, if I recall my long distant schooling...

So, as a further working assumption, we'll thing that each mammal eats twice it's own weight in manna in a year, and, taking in to account the big ones and the little ones, male and female, say the average mammal is 50kg, that's 800 metric tons of manna.

We've covered the birds, what about the rest on the ark?

About 25,000 reptiles and amphibians families. They have lower mass and metabolic needs, say 1/4 of a mammal, and they're smaller - say 1kg each, so they need 1/2 kilo of manna a year, which a nice easily managed 12.5 metric tons.

All in all, rounding like a mad man, it seems that the Ark needs to be able to carry 1,000 metric tons of manna plus about 4-500 metric tons of the animals themselve, call it 1,500 tons all-up.

So, what sort of vessel could carry this lot? With space for them all.

Something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock_Nevis
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

I need to get out more...
KERS4
First Sergeant

Post by KERS4 »

of no real importance.. just to bring to your attention:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

A sentient mountain.

Mmm, ohhkay...
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Post by Dunwa »

http://www.conservapedia.com/Flat_earth

Mainly the line : "The Flat Earth theory was mostly invented and promoted by evolutionists for the purpose of slandering Christians."

Awahhhhhh :(
http://www.conservapedia.com/Xenu
Dunwa Arche
KERS4
First Sergeant

Re: Coservipedia

Post by KERS4 »

Got bored... so got back to the conservipedia bashing... and found Wikipedia's article on conservipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservapedia

one section summed it all up to me;

"Another scientifically-rejected point of view that Conservapedia is known to support is the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis. In April 2007, Peter Lipson, a doctor of internal medicine, attempted to edit the article on breast cancer to include evidence against Conservapedia's statement linking abortion as a major cause of the disease but found his medical credentials being questioned by Schlafly and other Conservapedia administrators, all of whom ended the debate by deleting Lipson's edits and blocking Lipson's account. Consequentially, Lipson and several editors started a rival website, Rationalwiki,."
KERS4
First Sergeant

Post by KERS4 »

checked out rationalwiki too...

they keep a log of conservipedia's mistakes.... one of which is

"Yet more ignorance from the Great Educator - a "stunning defeat for the UK Labour party" in Glasgow East, yes, indeed it was. But if Andy had bothered to read the article he posted, he'd know that it was the Scottish National Party who won the seat, not the Conservatives, and so not only does it not signal a Conservative takeover of "all of Britain", it actually means the "all of Britain" thing is slightly more threatened, as the SNP want greater separation of powers from London government.!
Corm
Knife wielding maniac ... haaaaah hah

Post by Corm »

After KERS recent post I looked at this thread, admittedly only the last page. Conservwhateveritsmafuckingcalled is a bunch O arse but we all know that. Thats not why im posting.

I just wanted to pick up a certain couple of "facts" about the Ark/Ark story.

If you actually read the story about the Ark it wasnt all animals that were put in in pairs. Its not as simple as that. Its certain animals were put in that they knew about and wrote about at the time and not in pairs either. It depended on weather or not they were clean or dirty animals. Some animals were interred in 7's (being the Clean ones).

Not that that really matters since again if you know the "facts" behind the Ark story you will understand its source lies in Ancient Summer as part of the Sumerian history/birth legends that eventually became the Babylonians history/mythology/theology and in time the Jews when they were saved by the Babylonians and additions like a 600 year old Noah or the animals all going into the ark 2 by 2 by 2 is a load of bull added many hundreds of years later.

I *think* although since I cant find the link which I initially found through a source at http://www.fsmitha.com the actual Sumerian legend was based on them settling in Modern day Iraq and Kuwait after there lands were flooded after the end of the last Ice Age. Now the last ice age was 10k BC but since it wasn't a case of Ice Age ends, suddenly floods everywhere but a gradual rising of sea levels and loss of land your talking probably about 8k - 6k BC there people were flooded out of their original homeland and moved and settled southern Mesopotamia. I think Eirdu is credited as being late 6kBC so coincidently the flood story is roughly in time line conformity with other flood myths in other ancient cultures and also with the lost of large tracts of lands which he have archaeological evidence for such as Doggerland where the North Sea currently is. Anyway I know no-one is all that interested but im bored and have nowt else to do right now.
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Post by Dunwa »

Someone bought Alexander a Noah's ark toy, to install godleyness in the heathen child :roll:
Things went down hill when I pointed out that the two elephants both had tusks and the two lions both had manes. They don't come to vist any more
Dunwa Arche
Mortorin
Captain Pugwash

Post by Mortorin »

:lol:
If at first you dont succeed, excessive force is probably the answer

Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Mrs Dunwa wrote:"See, this is why we don't have friends anymore."