Vyvyan Basterd

Re: Olympics

Post by boabyfett »

I'm sure you will get a good medal.
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Post by Dunwa »

Scary to think it was back in in 2005 that London was awarded the 2012 Olympics. Less than 24 hours later, mindless fuckers caused havoc in the city, killing 52 and injuring over 700. For the first time feeling home sick on the other side of the world.
Dunwa Arche
Corm
Knife wielding maniac ... haaaaah hah

Post by Corm »

The London Olympics don't you mean? Although to be honest I feel it should be renamed the McDonalds, CocaCola and/Cadburys Olympics but maybe that's just because I'm A: Not a rich Londoner and B: Not a complete C**t unlike everyone involved in organising it.
Dunwa
The Taker Of The Holy Tags and Bar

Post by Dunwa »

There's alway one ;-)
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Dunwa wrote:There's alway one ;-)
Who else?
Corm

Post by Corm »

Don't get me wrong I don't begrudge anyone their enjoyment of it I just think it's disgusting how it's been politicized and an exercise in rampant capitalist backhanders, political corruption and public purse emptying. Not to mention the typical Union Jackisim yet there are still at least 50 recorded uses of "The English football team and Team England" and it hasn't even officially started yet. I'm sure the Welsh and NI players in the football team would feel a bit put out by that, the various athletes are used to it by now I'm sure. If the media would just stop trying to shove it down everyone outside of London that it is some great and wondrous event that directly effects us all I wouldn't mind but they wont and they are getting worse. It is just like any other Olympics. I.e. the vast majority of the people in the country will watch it at home in front of the TV in the hope that someone will make sporting history regardless of nationality, which is what its about, not (go to line 00)...
KERS4
First Sergeant

Post by KERS4 »

Im just outraged that they spent £35 million on a cable car to cross the thames.
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Meh, we're spending a billion on trams that are sinking in their parking lot, because THEY'RE MEANT TO BE FUCKING MOVING!!!
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Yay, the TARDIS :-)
Corm

Post by Corm »

Haviland wrote:Meh, we're spending a billion on trams that are sinking in their parking lot, because THEY'RE MEANT TO BE FUCKING MOVING!!!
Only because the people of Edinburgh rejected the congestion charge and Iain Grey was pissed off we didn't just do as Labour tells us.

Anyway do you no think the Archery would be better with curved composite Horn and Wood Stepp horse bows or Old Welsh Yew long bows?
Haviland
Volvo-Driving Soccer Mom

Post by Haviland »

Corm wrote:
Haviland wrote:Meh, we're spending a billion on trams that are sinking in their parking lot, because THEY'RE MEANT TO BE FUCKING MOVING!!!
Only because the people of Edinburgh rejected the congestion charge and Iain Grey was annoyed off we didn't just do as Labour tells us.

Anyway do you no think the Archery would be better with curved composite Horn and Wood Stepp horse bows or Old Welsh Yew long bows?
Moar Zombies!